Delivery & Returns
Delivery and Returns Policy
Due to the unique nature of each order, delivery of your items will be oraganised after your order has been placed.
1. Once we have received your order, we will contact you within 24 hours via email with a confirmation of your order, a copy of your invoice, and information on our delivery services for you to choose from.
2. You can speak to us via the phone, or email us with your delivery information and choice of service.
3. With this information, we can come back to you with information and a quote for delivery of your item. You will then be sent an invoice for delivery and your order will soon be on its way!
Please ote, that your order will be processed once payment has been received, but production and creation of your item will not commence until delivery has been settled.
1. Our delivery partners and us. For some deliveries it will be us arriving to deliver your piece, however sometimes we just can’t get away from the studio. So, we use various third-party delivery partners to deliver our products to you. We will notify you of whom this delivery partner is after you place your order with us and closer to your delivery date.
2. Delivery charges. Delivery information will be taken at the time of purchase, however, you will be updated on delivery dates and charges once your order has been processed. We will then get in touch to organise your delivery and offer you range of options for you to choose from. We endeavour to keep delivery costs as low as possible but delivery charges will vary from order to order based on a number of factors including delivery location, access and size of order etc.
Where stated, we will offer free delivery for some products. However, on most of our products delivery charges will apply. Free delivery is specific to the delivery address specified in the Order and whether or not you have chosen to use a premium delivery partner or service (e.g. next day or special delivery service such as a white glove service). Once we have discussed delivery options, we will find the best service and quote you for delivery. Delivery must be paid for in full before any product is shipped. You will be made aware of such applicable delivery charges once we have discussed delivery and arrangements have been made.
After the order has been placed and payment taken, delivery charges will be added once the order has been completed. Any delivery costs, domestic or international will be quoted after the order has been placed.
3. Estimated delivery date. Everything we make is handmade and made to order. Our lead time on all products outside of bespoke and tailored services is 6-8 weeks unless otherwise stated. Once your order has been processed, we will contact you to discuss delivery options and arrange your delivery. You will have a range of options from collection, courier, white glove and installation services. Depending on your project, the cost of these services may vary. Once discussed we will find the best option for you and quote you for delivery.
4. Delivery dates and time slots. We are always willing to make arrangements to make sure you receive your products on time.
If you require a specific delivery date or time slot, please make the team aware before you place your order. We can then make you aware of whether your desired date or time is possible or not. If you do not make the team aware or the date is or time is not possible, we will contact you once the project is completed to arrange delivery. If we cannot reach you once your order has been processed, the order will continue. We will attempt to contact you as soon as possible to arrange delivery.
If your date or time slot is available, additional charges will apply. You will be quoted for delivery for that time once your project has been completed or is nearing completion. All delivery charges must be paid in full before any product is shipped.
There may be circumstances outside of our, or our delivery partners control that effect your requested or agreed upon delivery date or time slot. Unfortunately, these things can happen, but rest assured we will do everything in our power to get them to you safely, securely and as quickly as possible. If there is an event that effects your delivery, we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your options.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Changes to estimated delivery date. If there are events outside of either our, or our delivery partners control, we will notify you as soon as possible via phone or email. If these changes or events effect your order delivery date, we will update you as soon as we have reorganised and successfully arranged a new delivery date for you.
We, or our delivery partner(s), will notify you of reasonable changes to the estimated delivery date where events outside of our or our delivery partner’s control delay or prevent delivery from taking place at the original estimated date and/or time. Delivery of the Products will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us. If we cannot deliver your Products within 30 days of your estimated delivery date, we will:
a) let you know;
b) give you the option to rearrange your order; and
c) if necessary, give you a refund (Refunds not applicable to Bespoke or Tailored items)
6. Information we may require from you. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the Products to you, for example, your name and address. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for delays in supplying the Products which are caused by you not providing us with the information we need.
6. When delivery has taken place. You are responsible for the Products when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the Products passes to you when you take possession of the Products.
7. Signatures. All deliveries require a signature. If no signature can be obtained, the item will not be delivered.
8. Large & Made-to-Order Items.
Bespoke and Tailored items are not eligible for next day delivery. Some Large orders, Bespoke and Tailored products may require specialist delivery services which may be at additional cost.
Large orders, Bespoke and Tailored products may require special delivery arrangements and may incur much longer lead times of up to 12 weeks. Once you have placed your order, our customer services team will contact you to help or arrange delivery when ready. Be sure to contact the team prior to an order if you have specific delivery requirements. See section 4 of this document for more information or contact our team on email@example.com
9. White Glove Delivery. We offer a white glove delivery service to some* locations within the UK. Our white glove delivery service will be offered to you once your project has been competed or is nearing its end. At that moment we will call to discuss delivery options. If a white glover service is offered we will find the best quote. All payments for delivery will have to be made prior to the product being shipped. For more information on delivery time slots, white glove delivery services and out current delivery lead times, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*There are some locations that we cannot deliver too. We will make you aware of this once we have discussed delivery options.
If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery of Products, we will contact you to let you know when we expect the Products to be delivered to you. See section 5 for more information.
10. Installation services. We offer an installation service to all of our clients.
All of our products come with care and installation instructions. For example, all our mirror and shelving units come with a step-by-step guide to assembling and hanging, including a template that shows you exactly where to drill holes.
However, if you would prefer, we can help install your piece ourselves on delivery, or we can liaise with a trusted contractor to visit and install it for you. Additional fees apply.
11. Registered Account holders. Account holders may be eligible for cheaper delivery and deals on some items. Register for up to date information on your order, new product releases, sales and more at www.christian-watson.com
12. Cancelling Orders made via the Website, phone or in-person. As a consumer, when you buy via our Website or by phone you are entitled to return your Products to us for any reason any time within 28 days of delivery or collection from our premises provided you are able to provide evidence of purchase of the Product from us by providing us with a copy of your receipt and order confirmation.
In order to benefit from this right of cancellation, you must within 14 days of you receiving the Products, make a clear statement of your decision to cancel the contract by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 07799830699.
13. When you will not have the right to cancel. You will not have benefit from the right to cancel an Order or In-Store Purchase for Products if such Products are:
(a) Tailored or Bespoke Products or Services;
(b) Issues surround damage and liability after the responsibility of the product has passed to you (at delivery)
Returning faulty Products
14. Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), require Products to:
(a) be as described;
(b) be fit for purpose;
(c) be of satisfactory quality;
(d) match any sample that you have seen or examined prior to placing the Order.
15. Your legal rights if Products provided are faulty. If a Product does not comply with any of the requirements in clause 14 above, you will benefit from:
(a) the right to reject the Product any time within 30 days of delivery of the Product to you or your representative or collection of Product by you from our premises;
(b) the right to request a full or part replacement of Furniture Products within their warranty (if applicable) any time up to three (3) years, and of all other Products within their warranty up to twelve (12) months period from delivery of the Products to you or your representative or collection of Product by you from our premises, as the case may be. If the Products cannot be replaced within this time, you will likely be entitled to a full or part refund for the Products.
The warranties given above will not apply to defects that are due to fair wear and tear from appropriate use of the item, accidental damage or failure by the Customer or any third party to adhere to the Company’s instructions or written recommendations. Any modifications made to the product by the Customer will void any request to return or refund the value of the item.
Returning Bespoke or Tailored Products
16. Made to order products such as Tailored or Bespoke products, cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded to us unless they are; dmaged in transit of the item or; not as described or; do not match any sample that you have seen or examined prior to purchasing such Products from us.
17. Any Bespoke, or Tailored Products are subject to additional terms and conditions available upon request. These will be provided to you when entering a Bespoke or Tailored service contract.
18. Any Bespoke or Tailored products cannot be cancelled one production has started. Production commences as soon as the signed Bespoke or Tailored terms and conditions contract has been returned and payment received.
Where and how should Products be returned to?
It is very important to note that all Products to be returned should be returned within the time limits specified in these terms and conditions.
19. Returning Products ordered via our Website or phone.
To authorise a return
- Email us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07799830699 to discuss
- Include your order number & telephone number, quantity or items you wish to return, any additional images that may be useful to resolve your case.
- Include the reason for your return,
o (a) be as described;
o (b) be fit for purpose;
o (c) be of satisfactory quality;
o (d) match any sample that you have seen or examined prior to placing the Order.
Any products received without authorisation will not qualify for a refund and be rejected on delivery to our returns centre. We may charge you for any additional shipping or packaging requirements if a product is sent back to us in a condition not similar to the way ours was shipped.
20. Returning Products purchased in-person. To return Products purchased in-Store, simply return take the Product to the Store from where it was purchased and present your purchase receipt to our customer services team.
21. Please note, all Products should be returned in their original undamaged packaging, with all seals, tags and labels intact.
22. Products should be returned to:
FAO Christian Watson Limited
Unit B250, Riverside Business Centre
23. Cost of returns.
(a) be as described;
(b) be fit for purpose;
(c) be of satisfactory quality;
(b) Non-faulty Products - you must bear the cost of returning non-faulty Products to us if you have simply changed your mind and are cancelling your Order under any of the following guises:
- Fair wear and tear from appropriate use of the item, accidental damage or failure by the Customer or any third party to adhere to the Company’s instructions or written recommendations. Any modifications made to the product by the Customer will void any request to return or refund the value of the item.
24. Refunds. If you are entitled to a refund, we will refund to you all payments received from you for the Products that you have chosen to return to us within 14 days of our receipt of the Products from you (or within 14 days of you providing evidence of having returned the Products to us)
We may deduct any applicable amount from the refund if such Products are returned to us in an unsaleable condition or in packaging that does meet our requirements (where possible all products should be returned to us using the same packaging type and style) and may have caused damage to the product.
You might be charged a restocking fee if we agree to return your Product after the expired return period or if they are found to be damaged on receipt of return into our warehouse.
For any clarification of the above document please email your questions to email@example.com
For delivery abroad, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org