WHO WE ARE
Our Website, is owned and operated by Christian Watson Limited, a registered company in England and Wales 10756248. Our registered business address is: Chart House, 2 Effingham Road, Reigate, Surrey, England, RH2 7JN while our studio premises is located at Unit B250, Riverside Business Centre, Bendon Valley, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4UQ.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page which is affected by your preferences
For further information on cookies generally, including how to control and manage them, visit this information published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
We will ask for your permission (Consent) to place cookies or other similar technologies on your device, except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested (e.g. to enable you to put items in your shopping basket and use our check-out process).
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
When you submit data to us through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, the social media sites including but not limited to Pinterest and Facebook will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
HOW TO TURN OFF ALL COOKIES AND CONSEQUENCES OF DOING SO
If you do not want to accept any cookies, you may be able to change your browser settings so that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our Website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time, and when we do we will inform you via the cookies banner displayed on our Website.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
Name: Christian Watson
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 07799830699
Right to complain
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
This version was last updated on (LAUNCH DATE) and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address, fax number and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account, payment card details, IBAN number, SWIFT code, Sort code and preferred payment methods.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases, or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, fax, or otherwise. This includes the personal data you provide when you: Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. use or buy our products or services; make inquiries to us directly (e.g. through our website or via phone); attend an event connected with us; subscribe to our service or publications; request marketing to be sent to you; enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources. Technical Data from the following parties: Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment, and delivery services such as analytics providers; advertising networks; and search information providers. Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators. Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register.
- Registering for customer or trade accounts. When you register for an account you will have to submit certain personal and/or commercial data.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. However, if we ever do we will make you aware of this prior to such consent being given. You will benefit from the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
- We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
- You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside our group of companies for marketing purposes.
- You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us via email@example.com at any time.
- Where you opt-out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Demographic and location information
From time to time we may also collect additional information about you, which we use to help us understand our business, and for the purpose of direct marketing.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Some of our external third parties may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so the processing of your personal data may involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us via email@example.com if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for at least six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Details of other retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are contained in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data and in some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please scroll down to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us via email@example.com
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
10. TRADE ACCOUNT INFORMATION
When applying for a trade account Christian Watson Limited will do multiple checks to validate your business. We validate your company registration with Companies House and VAT registration number via the internet. We look at your website to view your product offering, professional services offered, style and layout to check that our products are a suitable fit for your business. We also look at customer feedback and the level of customer service you achieve. For interior designers, we may ask you to provide evidence of previous and current projects.
We can only offer trade accounts to certain industries. Your occupation/industry will be taken during your application. The list of approved industries is in a list below. Special circumstances can be made for companies in industries not on the list, please contact us directly for more information.
We reserve the right to refuse any applications without reason.
We do not offer credit facilities. Payment may be made by card or bank transfer prior to the creation and/or delivery of the item.
All delivery information and billing will be done after the order has been placed. Your order will be processed but will not enter production until delivery has been settled. You can pick up from our studio at an agreed time for no additional fee unless on a weekend where a £100+VAT charge will be added.
If your trade account is in the list of approved industries (below) we will apply a discount code to your account. Always make sure you are logged into your trade account when purchasing online to receive this discount.
We will check annually whether your company is still operational and that your account has been in use. We will do this via companies house, as well as checking your website and account usage.
You can organise to visit our studio to discuss any project, view samples, any stock we may have or to see your project being made. Visits are by appointment only and can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
List of approved industries for a trade account:
- Interior Design
- Interior Development
- Interior Decorators
- Design Industries
- Corporate / Office / Workspace Procurement